Master’s program «Translational chemical and biomedical technologies» –
An interdisciplinary field in the life sciences area which offers a broad-based education in chemistry, biology, pharmacology, cell and molecular biomedicine
Understanding the full cycle of production: synthesis – research – preclinical research – certification – marketing
Ability to conduct pre-clinical and clinical trials, development of technological regulations, certification, marketing and low-tonnage production
Working with new technologies
Internships in leading world universities
Internationally recognized diploma
About the program
- Degree: Master’s
- Duration: 2 years (120 EC)
- Form of education: full-time, with elements of distance learning
- Start month: September
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Program code: 04.04.01 Chemistry
- Institute of smart materials and technologies
Why do I choose this program?
As a graduate of our programyou will be able to work at scientific research and production institutes, experimental production and industrial enterprises, and will be able to solve complex problems of intellectual data analysis using chemical, biochemical and biomedical datas.
Advantages of the program
More than 30% of the academic disciplines are elective courses
Learning about modern chemical and biomedical technologies happens at the scientific centers of Tomsk State University and, Universities of Heidelberg and Münster
Individual educational trajectory
International and Russian specialists are involved
Growing need for specialists in translational chemical and biomedical technologies.
- Chemical methods for producing biologically active compounds and industrial synthesis of chemical-pharmaceutical chemicals
- Introduction to the science of polymers. Biocompatible composite materials
- Chemical basis of laboratory diagnostics. Clinical metabolomics
- Chemical technology in medicine. Biomaterial science
- Fundamentals of pharmaceutical science
- Biomedical technologies of control and diagnostics of cellular systems.
- Molecular methods in biomedical research.
- Fundamentals of metrology, standardization and certification in the development and production of pharmaceutical substances and biomedical materials.
- Basics of marketing in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Introduction to medical biological chemistry
- Fundamentals of general immunology
- Modern methods of chemical analysis of organic products and pharmaceutical substances
- Use of bioactive polymers and pharmaceuticals on their basis
- Methods and approaches to surface modification of biocompatible polymers and composites based on them
TSU The head of the program, Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, senior lecturer, Professor of faculty of physical and colloid chemistry of Chemistry Faculty, deputy Head of the Laboratory of Translational Cell and Molecular Biomedicine, Tomsk, Russia.
Areas of expertise include physicochemical regularities in the formation of nanoscale particles in surface and near-surface layers of metals and refractory compounds; research of physicochemical and structural properties of various kinds of materials; structural properties of nanomaterials; physicochemical processes on the surface of solids under the action of ion beams.
Speaks English, French and German. Within the Master’s program reads the course: Methods and approaches to surface modification of biocompatible polymers and composites based on them. Dissertation advisor.
Co-director of the program, Doctor of biological sciences, Professor, head of Laboratory of translational cellular and molecular biomedicine, TSU, Tomsk, Russia.
University of Heidelberg, Faculty of Medicine, Head of the Department of Congenital Immunity and Immunological Tolerance of the Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, Mannheim, Germany.
Scientific interests: Cellular and molecular biology, immunology, oncology, virology, cardiovascular diseases, translational medicine, innovative diagnostics and therapy.
Manages the research work of students, including remotely.
TSU Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor of the Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, TSU. Laboratories of translational cellular and molecular biomedicine.
1) Introduction to medical biological chemistry
2) The fundamentals of marketing in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries
3) Fundamentals of Pharmacology
Dr. Akhmedzhanov is a Master’s thesis advisor.
TSU M.D., Professor of the Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, immunologist/allergist, professor of the of the Pathophysiology Department of the Siberian State Medical University, member of the Russian Association of Allergologists and Clinical Immunologists.
Dr. Churina is a scientific consultan, a Master’s thesis advisor and also teaches:
1) Biomedical technologies of control and diagnostics of cellular systems
2) Fundamentals of general immunology
She is a scientific consultant and a Master’s thesis advisor.
Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Organic Chemistry of the Faculty of Chemistry.
Dr. Bakibayev is a Master’s thesis advisor and teachesChemical methods for obtaining biologically active compounds and industrial synthesis of chemical-pharmaceutical preparations.
Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor of the Department of Organic Chemistry of the Faculty, of Chemistry; Lead Researcher of the Laboratory of Physical and Chemical Methods of Analysis TSU; Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, Centrum voor Proteomics in Metabolomics, Head of the Laboratory of Mass Spectrometry, Leiden, Netherlands
Analytical Chemistry in Medicine, Medical Chemistry, Development of Methods and Approaches for the Use of Mass Spectrometry and NMR for Clinical Studies, Clinical Metabolomics
The course taught within the programis Chemical basis of laboratory diagnostics. Clinical Metabolomics
Doctor of chemical sciences, Professor of the Department of High-Molecular Compounds and Petrochemistry, TSU, Deputy Chairman of the Dissertation Council 02.00.04 – Physical Chemistry, TSU. Member of the DS 02.00.03 – Organic Chemistry at the Tomsk Polytechnic University. Member of the DS 02.00.13 – Petrochemistry, Institute of Petroleum Chemistry, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. VNS Laboratory of translational cellular and molecular biomedicine at NR TSU, Tomsk, Russia
Reads the course: Introduction to the science of polymers. Biocompatible composite materials.
Head of theLaboratory of Polymers and Composite Materials, laboratory assistant of the Laboratory of Translational Cell and Molecular Biomedicine.
The course taught within the program is Introduction to the science of polymers. Biocompatible composite materials.
Lothar Alfred Heinrich
Doctor of science, senior researcher at the Laboratory of translational cellular and molecular biomedicine, TSU President of Marcotech oHG, Honorary Professor of the Westphalian Wilhlems University, Head of Innovative Materials for Regenerative Medicine, Muenster, Germany.
Medical technologies: biomaterials, drug delivery, radiotherapy, applied nanotechnologies, supramolecular structures, implants.
Dr. Heinrich teaches courses on Chemical technology in medicine, Biomaterial science. Scientific research management Manages scientific research of students.
Doctor of biological sciences, head of the laboratory of oncoviruses of TNRMC, senior researcher. laboratory of translational cell and molecular biomedicine TSU, Senior Researcher of the Laboratory of Molecular Oncology and Immunology, Tomsk National Medical Center, Tomsk, Russia.
Practical lessons on the course: Biomedical technologies of control and diagnostics of cellular systems
Junior Researcher, Laboratory of Translational Cell and Molecular Biomedicine, NR TSU, Tomsk, Russia
Practical lessons on the course: Biomedical technologies of control and diagnostics of cellular systems
Program consultants and partners
Heidelberg University (Germany)
University of Munster
Leiden University (Netherlands)
Tomsk National Research
Medical Center of the Russian Academy
of Sciences (Tomsk)
Federal Research and
Production CenterAltai (Biysk)
TSU Faculty of chemistry
Laboratory of translational Cellular and Molecular biomedicine (Tomsk)
Laboratory of Polymers and Composite Materials
The Faculty of Chemistry of TSU is set up to maximize work efficiency for teaching and independent research. The laboratory equipment of the center of collective use, modern high-precision equipment of the Laboratory of Translational Cell and Molecular Biomedicine is available to students studting cell and molecular biomedicine (including confocal microscopy and the visualization of cellular material
- Synthesis and study of new bisphosphonates based on urea derivatives
- Molecular markers of the pathological course of the immune response in cardiovascular diseases associated with metabolic syndrome
- Development of a method for obtaining a biocompatible composite material with high porosity based on a lactide-glycolide copolymer and hydroxyapatite
- Study of phenotypic and functional profile of inflammatory monocytes of peripheral blood in patients with breast cancer
- New biologically active polymer systems for regenerative medicine based on low-molecular polylactides
- Mutational landscape of disregeneratory and premalignant changes in bronchial epithelium
- Development of biocompatible materials based on zirconium oxide
- The effect of composition and methods of producing composite materials based on polylactide and hydroxyapatite on their functional properties
- Studies of epigenetic disorders in dysregenerator processes and tumor progression in patients with lung cancer
Admission and application
|Specific requirements||Detailed information|
|Knowledge minimum||Bachelor’s degree Specialist’s degree (obtained before 2014)|
|Previous education||Bachelor’s Specialist’s degree in Chemistry, Biology orBiochemistry|
|Professional experience||Relevant working experience is not necessary but is an advantage|
|Other admission requirements||Students will be selected by: 1) assessment of their prior learning; 2) evaluation of the written exam 3) interview with program Director (in person or using Skype)|
10 budget places.
|Year||Citizens of the Russian Federation and near abroad||Other International Citizens|
|2017-2018||138 000 rub||165 600 rub|
Deadline for submission of documents in 2018
|Deadlines for documents acceptance||3 April – 14 August|
|Terms of entrance examinations||10 May – 30 June
3 – 28 July
1 – 17 August
- have the opportunity to continue their studies in the postgraduate course of the NR TSU in the following areas: chemistry, biomedicine
- prepared for work as heads of state and non-state scientific and research organizations (including international); divisions of pilot production and industrial productions and enterprises
The field of professional activity of graduates who have mastered the master’s program includes:
- The solution of complex problems in the research and scientific and pedagogical spheres of activity connected with the use of chemical phenomena and processes
- Participation in research of chemical and biological processes occurring in nature, identification of general regularities of their course and possibilities for their management
- Participation in clinical support of scientific research in diagnostic laboratories of medical centers and institutions, pharmaceutical companies